Saturday, February 1, 2014

january favorites: beauty & other things

january has been quite the hectic month, from the end of the holiday season to having finals. now that it's February I've managed to collect some of my favorite things from this past month, and I'm going to share them with you! click to see what I've been loving...

beauty:
my first favorite from this month is the clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion +.I use it after I wash my face while my skin is dried off but is still damp. only two or three pumps is enough for my whole face and neck. I also love how sturdy the bottle is, perfect for traveling (which I do a lot of in the winter). my skin is always super dry this time of year and I've found that this product has changed my skin for the better!

how rad is this necklace from forever 21? I wear it all the time, because it's so cool. 

this mascara has changed my life. I received it in a benefit cosmetics mini sampler set a while back but never got around to using it until now. it lengthens & adds volumes to my lashes and really does look like I'm wearing false ones. it stays on all day long too, which is awesome for 8-hour school days. 

this whole summer I wore a watch, and once the school year came around it was all dinged and faded and ready to be retired. I missed wearing a watch so I was super excited when I got this one from fossil. the neutral color means I can wear it with virtually anything, which is perfect. I also love the subtle mix of metals, which is super trendy but not obnoxious. 

I found this app through a youtuber a few weeks ago and I love it. what timehop does is it links to three places, your facebook, instagram, and twitter. each day you get a notification once it's located all of your past posts. it shows you what you posted 1, 2, 3, 4+ years ago on that same day. it also includes a news event from that same day. it's free in the app store and totally worth checking out!
my favorite scent this month I have loved for years past, and it's the winter candy apple lotion from bath & body works. describes as "a cheerful blend of ruby red apple, winter rose petals and candied orange, drizzled with crisp maple and cinnamon," it's a yummy, sweet scent.  it comes around each year at Christmastime and leaves with the semi-annual sale, but you can buy yours here.

those are all of my favorites from January. let me know what your favorites are in a comment, and stay gorgeous!

xoxo, giada

No comments:

Post a Comment